Monday, November 22, 2010

Visualize! That's the key to reach your goals!

Have you guys watched the movie called "The Secret"? The post below reminded me of that movie. It's not easy to visualize things that in your mind seems to be so intangible.

http://tightbodybootcamp.blogspot.com/2010/11/visualization-can-you-see-what-im.html

I do believe that when you stick something in your mind very strongly, anything can come true.

I would never thought I would become fluent in Japanese and end up being a Japanese teacher. Nineteen years ago, I landed in a new country called Japan, I understood nothing about the Language and cried everyday on my way back to school wishing that I would go back to Brazil on the next day. Day after that I was doing the same thing, crying, crying and complaining. I was only focusing on the negative side and not on the positive side hindering myself to accept new challenges and to learn the new language that was around me all the time.

After a year being in Japan and knowing just a few phrases in Japanese, I decided that I had to change my mind. I decided that I would become SOMEONE in the future. SOMEONE that would be fluent in Japanese and that would help learners who wanted to learn and acquire this mysterious, but beautiful language that is Japanese.

In order to reach that goal, I visualized myself going to College and after wards being hired as a new Japanese teacher. At that time sounded impossible to someone like me reach that goal, someone that could not even write and read in Japanese well.

But here I am, teaching Japanese in English and very happy about my career that was a dream 18 years ago.

I am so grateful I could visualize myself, dreaming about my goals and becoming what I am now.

I learned that nothing, absolutely nothing, in life comes easily. And now I am grateful for that. I am grateful that I could learn how to work hard and to believe in me.

Who said that it would be easy? But SOMEONE up there said that it would be worth it!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment