Friday, January 14, 2011

I just wanted to share with all of you

Today I was extremely exhausted. This week was one of those weeks that one day seemed to have 48 hours instead of 24.

It was a week that it is the most stressful for the teachers (End of the term week). Lots of things to correct, lots of students coming to ask what they should do to improve their grades and still lots of lessons to plan (3 Japanese 1 classes, 1 Japanese 2 class, 1 Japanese 3 class and 1 Japanese AP class).

On the top of that, this week was my first week back to school. I started going to the U as a PhD student. It was a very long drive and the class I am taking there is a 3 hour long class.

But my point is, instead of just complaining about life, I felt so grateful for the week I had. Of course it was a stressful and long, but today I was thinking about all the things I did or happened throughout this week and I felt so happy to experience all of that.

Before I started complaining to myself that I had tons of Japanese stuff to do for my classes, my memory just traveled back to 1992 when I just got to Japan. I didn't know any Japanese at that time and my dream was to become a Japanese teacher and help students like me. And now, why do I have to complain? I would never thought I would be able to master the language and become a Japanese teacher. So, I have to be grateful for that!!!

When I was in college in Japan finishing my BA in Japanese teaching, I was dreaming to become the BEST TEACHER and I knew that I had to study more. I wanted to pursue a Masters and then a PhD. This dream looked so far away because I didn't have any money and I thought I would not be able to be accepted to any of those programs. And now I SHOULD not complain I have to drive to the U and stay in one class for 3 hours. Finally another dream came true and I am have to be grateful for that!!!

Those who took classes last year maybe remember, but I was weighting 40 pounds more than I am now. Lots of dedication and self-motivation was necessary to reach my goal. I finally got back to the weight I had when I was in high school. And I really thought that after having my kids it would be impossible to lose weight. I learned so much about myself in this dieting process that I am so grateful for that experience!

What I want to tell all of you is that NEVER or IMPOSSIBLE should not be part of your "Life Dictionary". If you work hard and don't give up on your goals, EVERYTHING is possible, even though sometimes seem so impossible and so far away. If you want to say I can't, before that say "I will try first". If you want to say "I don't like that person", you should become friends with that person first.

You just have to constantly think about your goals and little by little put everything into practice. It took a couple of years for me to become a Japanese teacher after I graduated from College. It took many many years for me to start losing weight. So, it's not important WHEN you reach your goals, but HOW you do it.

Work hard, live each day like is the best day of your life, help people, say and do good things to the people you love, take notes of everything you think you should remember and have fun in whatever you do that is the most important thing.

Life is hard sometimes, but you are the only person that can make it easier. I love being a teacher of all of you and thanks for being part of my life.

Have a wonderful 3 day weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment