Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A lesson to be learned

This is it. We are pretty much on our last week of class. No more homework, no more tests and quizzes for about 2 months and a half. Have you tried your best this semester? Have you studied for the quizzes and tests? Have you turned in all your homework?

The reason I am asking those questions is because I am getting tons of students asking how they can bring their grades up. Sorry, it's too late. I accept late homework until a week after it was due, I let you retake a quiz per term and I have given tons of extra credit during this term. Check the posts below I posted in March and April.






As a teacher, I tried my best to do whatever I could to help those that needed extra points. I update my blog every single day for you to check to see what we have done during the day and what would be your homework for next class. I also update my grades regularly including quizzes, daily grade and assignments. YOU were the one that had to check your grades regularly to see if you had to turn in any late homework or retake a quiz.

Some of you guys even mention that you hate high school. High School seems not very fun to some of you, but wait until you get a real job and have a family on your own. I bet you will miss high school so much!!!!!!!!

It's easy to come to your teacher and ask for a better grade, but does it work the same way in real life? Of course not. If you go to your boss and ask for a raise just because you need to pay your mortgage and car payments, is he going to provide you the money right away? I doubt.

High school is just a practice for "the real life". If you think high school is hard, you can't even imagine how hard it is the life after high school.

I really want all of you to become successful people in the future. I don't want you guys to keep trying the easier path and think this is the best to do. We need to go through lots of tribulations in life to learn that is worth to work hard and try your best no matter what. Remember that things that come easy to you, you may also lose it very easily.

I don't want to be the mean teacher. It's because I care about all of you that I want you to learn that things should be done in certain orders and sometimes there's no way to go back and fix it. 

Good luck everyone!!! 3 more days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment